Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Snapshots Quilt

A few years ago I bought a FQ bundle of Full Moon Modern. I loved the black and white prints, and knew I wanted to make a black and white quilt. I debated for a long time about what to use, and finally settled on Elizabeth Hartman's Snapshots pattern from The Practical Guide to Patchwork.

Snapshots Quilt

I did not strip piece my blocks, instead I cut each one (I actually like cutting small pieces!). I used a large piece from my stash (that I originally bought to make a skirt for me out of, but didn't account for the directional print of the fabric!), and a small amount of yellow. I bound it in Kona Pomenegrante. I quilted x's through the white squares, allowing the prints squares to pop.

Snapshots quilt back

I really like the way this quilt turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Isn't it wonderful how simple can be so beautiful? Great job!

    ReplyDelete