Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The Quilt top Edition!

I have finished three quilt tops in the past few weeks! This is highly unlike me - I usually finish one quilt before starting on the next. Part of this unusual behavior is due to the basting and now, hand quilting of my modern crosses quilt. Most of my basting pins are in use! An additional part was that I borrowed a friends Go! Baby circle die, so I wanted to get that top finished as soon as I cut all those circles! Here they are, waiting for basting:

Wonky Stars Quilt Top

Wonky Stars

I finally decided on backing fabric for this one, so I can get it basted now (as soon as the pins are free!). But I have no idea how to quilt it. I haven't done FMQ yet, so it will probably be some kind of straight lines.

Jingle Circles Quilt

Jingle Circles Quilt

I have the backing fabric for this, so now I just need to get it basted! I'll probably baste and quilt this one next, as it isn't as big as the others, so it won't take as many pins!

Triangles Quilt

Triangles Quilt

This one I just finished today! This one was a labor of love and collaboration with my hubby (the math teacher). There was a lot of seam ripping at the beginning, but I figured out fairly quickly how to not lose my points. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I think I really like it now!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. What have you been working on this week?

4 comments:

  1. Look at you go! They all look great but i like the triangle quilt the best. Can't wait to see them all quilted up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All 3 are beautiful! I love the triangle one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Your triangle quilt looks great! What is your secret for not losing the points? I'm sure I'd lose them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All three quilts are lovely. I specially like the triangle one, looks great!

    ReplyDelete